Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Code Igniter

I got CodeIgniter and PHP running on Windows XP/IIS5.1. I'm surprised that the latest version of PHP has such a difficult time installing on a windows box. I feel like PHP is for "script kiddies" or something. There's too much .ini editing to get up and running (matrix-move-dodges-bullets from PHP folk). I've probably become accustomed to lack of control with Windows application installs. A few permission issues and configuration file edits were all it took to get it working. Why should we have to worry about setting .PHP file handlers with a path that doesn't have spaces in it (???). Are we still working in Windows 3.11 or better (worse) yet - DOS?

CodeIgniter appears to be "PHP On Rails".

I completed cookie management within PHP. I'll be working on session management and invoking web requests next. There aren't enough hours in the day...

No comments: